Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Flower Show at lalbhag

Lalbhag - one of the largest botanical gardens in Asia hosts Flower show twice a year, one during Independence day and other during Republic day.
The show will start one week prior and winds up on the Independence/republic day's.

This time, had been to Republic day flower show to clik some photos. I visited the show on a sunny Sunday morning ( 18th Jan). I never got up so early on a Sunday since ages ( it was 7:30 ) ! I dont even remember when I woke up so early on Sunday last time :), because my usual time is around 10 - 11 AM.

Anyways, reached Labhag at 9 AM finally and When I entered the Glass house ( where the actual flow show is held ), the crowd was ok ok.. people had just started coming in. But what surprised me was the number of people present there with DSLR's ! yeah.. I could see at least 20 to 30 guys ! and all were having latest cameras with 2 or more lens's + tripod etc etc ! ! pheww...!!

I had gone their with my Nikon D50 and Nikkor 50 mm lens and with no tripod.

Below are some pictures taken at Flower show. Sorry, I don't have much knowledge about Flower names and family !










Apart from flowers on display, there were lot of stalls selling all kinds of flowers seeds, roots and other stuffs related to horticulture.

Overall it was a nice experience and I came back with a bunch pf nice photos :)

A brief aboout Lalbhag:

It started as a Royal Pleasure park in the early 18th century and various Hoticulturalists have worked on it to make it one of the largest Botonical Gardens in Asia. Originally plants were imported from Afganistan, Iran, Mauritius to name a few. It was founded by Hyder Ali, father of Tipu Sultan.

Courtesy - http://www.lalbagh.org/history.htm

No comments: